Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Obesity, Weight Loss

What Natural or Holistic Path I Would Take If Diagnosed With Obesity
by Thomas Martin

Here is what I would do if diagnosed with obesity or needed to lose even a modest amount of weight.  This is the order of the most likely to work to the least likely:
  • I will take magnesium oil (preferably from Ancient Minerals) daily.  I will spritz about 15 shots onto my skin, rubbing it in with my forearm.  I will likely do this just before bedtime. I will also be patient, knowing that it takes about 4 months of application before the magnesium becomes part of my cells and is then most effective
  • I will take iodine in the form of Lugol's Solution (a mix of iodine and potassium iodide). I will alternate between applying it to my skin and adding to water and drinking it.  About 10 to 15 drops per day. 
  • I will start drinking my Lemon Health Tea.  Upon rising in the morning, I will take an organic lemon, squeeze out the juice, put it water which has been warmed to about 115 degrees F, add two teaspoons virgin, organic coconut oil and two teaspoons local, raw honey. 
  • I will take Fermented Cod Liver Oil/Butter Oil daily,
  • I will take Chromium Picolinate, 200 mcgs, daily,
  • I will focus on my gut health.  I will take Betaine HCL tablets (approx. 650 mgs) with each meal.  I will make my own yogurt and eat some of it daily.  I will make my own kombucha and drink 8 to 16 ounces daily.  I will ferment my own vegetables and eat some of the mixture daily as well.  If these things are not possible, along with the Betaine HCL tablets, I will take Bio-Kult capsules to provide my digestive system with a broad spectrum of probiotics. 
  • I will stop using all artificial chemical sweeteners such as aspartame, Splenda, and saccharine.  I will also stop eating anything containing monosodium glutamate (MSG) as well as glutamic acid (which is just another name for MSG).  To sweeten my foods, I will instead us local, raw, organic honey. 
  • I will take about 400 mgs of green coffee extract with each meal to minimize glucose spikes
  • I will stop consuming all refined sugars and all high fructose corn syrup (HFCS). 
  • I will eliminate all genetically modified foods from my diet including wheat, corn and especially soy and also eliminate all vegetable oils such as canola, corn, cottonseed and soybean. 
  • I will not concern myself with joining a gym or getting a trainer, knowing that this is not the best or fastest path to weight loss.  Instead I will begin walking near my home working up to one mile per day, walking briskly.  
  • I will start a juicing program, as described in my section about cancer.  I know that the more good nutrition I get into my body, the less I will crave bad nutrition. 

References:











DISCLAIMER:  I am in no way recommending treatments or cures on this blog.  This blog is merely a compilation of what I have learned about a diet based, natural approach to health. I follow the steps I outline in my book Just Do This One Thing: A Guide To Chronic Good Health and know I will avoid almost every disease listed in this blog.  On the other hand, I needed a place to write steps for specific ailments as I came across them.  If you are looking for alternative therapies, I hope you can benefit from my research, especially if your doctor has told you "nothing more can be done for you." 

No comments:

Post a Comment