Friday, May 16, 2014

Colitis, Crohn's Disease and IBS

What Natural or Holistic Path I Would Take If Diagnosed With Colitis, Crohn's Disease or IBS
by Thomas Martin

I have actually had colitis in the past. I cleared it up so quickly that my doctor told me it was impossible.  I've heard this kind of nonsense too many times from doctors, "There is nothing that can be done" when I know from my research and background that the solution is often quite simple. 

These diseases all have similar things in common and the path to wellness is the same.

So, here is what I will do if diagnosed with the above listed diseases:

  • Stop using all vegetable oils (which have GMO origins (genetically modified)) instead using and purposefully including pasture butter, virgin, organic coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil
  • I will eliminate all GMO foods from my diet such as soy, corn and wheat
  • I will eliminate all sugars including high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) and all chemical sugar substitutes such as aspartame. I will not drink any sodas or diet sodas
  • I will begin making and eating whole milk yogurt daily (never low-fat or non-fat),
  • I will take Cod Liver Oil, daily,
  • I will make fermented vegetables and eat about 1/3 cup daily.  My gut flora is likely out of balance. 
  • I will make and drink bone broth daily.
  • I will add organic, virgin coconut oil to my diet, taking 1 to 5 tablespoons daily. (start slowly, taking only 1 teaspoon per day and work up to higher levels.) 
  • I will buy or make and consume kombucha daily
  • I will take Vitamin D3 (5,000 to 10,000 IUs daily)
  • I will begin using Magnesium Oil (preferably from Ancient Minerals) daily, about 15 sprays on my skin before bedtime.
  • I will consume nothing labeled low fat, non fat, lite or diet
  • Since these diseases are often a sign of the body's pH balance being too acid along with often a low fat diet, I will begin drinking my morning tea tonic of:
    • 12 ounces warm water (approximately 115 degrees F)
    • the juice of one organic lemon
    • 3 teaspoons virgin, organic coconut oil
    • 2 teaspoons raw, organic honey


References:





https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=6582267196987383023#editor/target=post;postID=2734432918737585236;onPublishedMenu=posts;onClosedMenu=posts;postNum=101;src=postname

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/05/28/vitamin-d-deficiency-signs-symptoms.aspx?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=facebookmercola_ranart&utm_campaign=20160914_vitamin-d-deficiency


DISCLAIMER:  I am in no way recommending treatments or cures on this blog.  This blog is merely a compilation of what I have learned about a diet based, natural approach to health. I follow the steps I outline in my book Just Do This One Thing: A Guide To Chronic Good Health and know I will avoid almost every disease listed in this blog.  On the other hand, I needed a place to write steps for specific ailments as I came across them.  If you are looking for alternative therapies, I hope you can benefit from my research, especially if your doctor has told you "nothing more can be done for you." 

No comments:

Post a Comment