Friday, May 16, 2014

Metabolic Syndrome

What Natural or Holistic Path I Would Take If Diagnosed With Metabolic Syndrome
by Thomas Martin

I heard a cardiologist speak the other night on metabolic syndrome.  It seems to me they have just lumped several health problems together and called it something new, like it is some great discovery. 

It's all the same stuff, it is our diets (primarily of processed foods) that are making us sick.

I will just follow the steps in my book Just Do This One Thing and I will know that this problem is something I need not worry about. 

BUT, on the off chance I was diagnosed, here are the first things I will do to reverse the situation

  • I will begin taking Magnesium Oil (preferably Ancient Minerals) by spritzing it on my skin (about 15 shots) each evening before bed and rubbing it in with my forearm
  • I will begin taking Lugol's Solution Iodine (mix of iodine and potassium iodide) alternating between putting on my skin for it to absorb and putting it in water to drink.  Again about 10 to 15 drops daily
  • I will take an Omega-7 Oil capsule daily, with meals. 
  • I will eliminate all sugar and chemical sugar substitutes from my diet, including all high fructose corn syrup
  • I will severely limit the amount of fruit juice I drink in a week.
  • I will take Fermented Cod Liver Oil/Butter Oil daily,
  • I will eliminate all genetically modified foods (GMOs) from my diet, especially all soy, corn and wheat
  • I will stop using all vegetable oils, replacing them with pasture butter, virgin coconut oil and some extra virgin olive oil.
  • Since one of the major signs of metabolic syndrome is waist size, I will assume I have fatty liver and begin drinking my morning tea tonic of:
    • 12 ounces warm water (approximately 115 degrees F)
    • the juice of one organic lemon
    • 2 teaspoons virgin, organic coconut oil
    • 2 teaspoons raw, organic honey
References:



http://onepercenthealth.blogspot.com/2013/03/reduce-stubbornly-high-triglycerides.html

DISCLAIMER:  I am in no way recommending treatments or cures on this blog.  This blog is merely a compilation of what I have learned about a diet based, natural approach to health. I follow the steps I outline in my book Just Do This One Thing: A Guide To Chronic Good Health and know I will avoid almost every disease listed in this blog.  On the other hand, I needed a place to write steps for specific ailments as I came across them.  If you are looking for alternative therapies, I hope you can benefit from my research, especially if your doctor has told you "nothing more can be done for you." 

No comments:

Post a Comment