Saturday, May 10, 2014

Gout

What Holistic or Natural Path I Would Take If Diagnosed with Gout
by Thomas Martin

If I was in the midst of a gout attack, to relieve the pain I would immediately, on an empty stomach, take 1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda (baking soda), I would mix it into 8 ounces of water and drink it.  I would repeat this every 2 hours, not exceeding 8 glasses a day (or 4 teaspoons of baking soda per day).  I would take one glass before going to bed, one upon rising in the morning and the others between meals.  I would repeat this until the symptoms subside.

But, this is a short term solution to my problem.  In wanting to avoid attacks in the future, I will

  •  Eliminate all sugars (including and especially anything with high fructose corn syrup (HFCS)) and chemical sugar substitutes. 
  • Reduce my intake of all non-vegetable carbohydrates such as rice, wheat and corn. 
  • Eliminate all GMO foods, including soy, corn, and wheat. 
  • Start taking magnesium oil (preferably Ancient Minerals), spritzing on 10 to 15 shots onto my skin and rubbing it in with my forearm. 
  • I will make fermented vegetables and eat about 1/3 cup daily.  My gut flora is likely out of balance.  This is especially beneficiary if the root cause of the gout is a fungal infection.
  • I will also drink kombucha daily to both help flush my liver and improve my gut health.  One brand available through markets such as Sprouts is Synergy.  Although, it is best to make your own. 
  • Start drinking Tart Cherry Juice or take some sort of Tart Cherry Extract capsule daily.
  • Take cod liver oil (which is rich in Vitamin A), taking about 2,000 to 4,000 mgs per day.  I will especially try to take it as fermented cod liver oil, if possible, from Green Pastures.
  • Start a juicing program of raw, organic vegetables, especially celery and celery seeds, including both chia seeds and flax seeds in the mix. 
  • If the above fails, try taking Antimonium Crudum.
I would switch my meat intake from standard store bought meats to exclusively grass-fed beef and organic, free-range chicken.  From the bones, I would make bone broth and drink about 4 ounces of it daily.  (I describe the benefits of bone broth and how to make it in my book Just Do This One Thing: A Guide To Chronic Good Health)  I can also find information about making bone broth on the internet. 

In addition, making and drinking this mixture can also eliminate the fear and pain of gout:

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup of tart cherry juice
  • 1 pineapple
  • 1-2 teaspoons of powdered turmeric
  • 1 inch fresh ginger root or 2-3 teaspoons of powdered ginger
  • Food processor and Blender
  • A strainer
  • A glass container with tight lid
  • Honey
Method of Preparation:

Cut the skin and remove the stem of the pineapple. You can use the stem if you like, because it contains a lot of bromein in it, but it’s ok to use the fruit only. Slice the pineapple into chunks, and put them in the blender. Blend them until they are evenly mashed up, and after that, add the cup of tart cherry juice, then sprinkle the teaspoons of ginger and turmeric.

Store the mixture in the glass container, and close it tight. Put it in your refrigerator and allow it to tighten up for 10 days. Optionally, you can add honey for better taste or you can play with the amounts of ginger and turmeric, depending on your taste. This miraculous drink can stay up to one month in your fridge. If you can consume it on a daily basis, go for it!

DISCLAIMER:  I am in no way recommending treatments or cures on this blog.  This blog is merely a compilation of what I have learned about a diet based, natural approach to health. I follow the steps I outline in my book Just Do This One Thing: A Guide To Chronic Good Health and know I will avoid almost every disease listed in this blog.  On the other hand, I needed a place to write steps for specific ailments as I came across them.  If you are looking for alternative therapies, I hope you can benefit from my research, especially if your doctor has told you "nothing more can be done for you." 


References:

http://onepercenthealth.blogspot.com/2015/12/get-rid-of-gout-in-no-time-with-this.html

http://www.westonaprice.org/ask-the-doctor/gout

http://filipinonurses.org/index.php/2012/05/easy-uric-acid-cure-how-to-eliminate-uric-acid-gout-in-2-hours-with-bicarbonate-of-soda/

http://onepercenthealth.blogspot.com/2015/07/say-goodbye-to-gout-forever-with-this.html

No comments:

Post a Comment