Thursday, May 8, 2014

Heart Disease (atherosclerosis) & Stroke Prevention

\What Holistic or Natural Path I Would Take If Diagnosed With Heart Disease or Was Told I was in Danger of Having a Stroke
by Thomas Martin



Heart disease, leading to heart attacks, is usually caused by the build up of plaque in the arteries in response to inflammation in the body.  Since I belong to a heart support group, I have found it interesting that the discussion always revolves around the plaque rather than the inflammation.  If you stop the inflammation, the plaque will not only no longer accumulate, the existing plaque will begin to disappear. 



So, if I was diagnosed with atherosclerosis and did not want to take prescription medication, here is what I would and would not do:

  • I will immediately work to bring my body's pH balance from a more acid state to a neutral or even slightly alkaline state.  The two primary culprits in this are sugar and chemical sugar substitutes (such as aspartame) and the second is genetically modified foods (GMOs) such as soy, wheat and corn.  Both need to be eliminated immediately, this also includes all vegetable oils and margarine since most are from GMO origins. 
  • I will take an Omega-7 Oil capsule daily, with meals.  Based on a study at the Cleveland Wellness Institute, the positive effects of this step should be dramatic. 
  • I will take pomegranate extract to assist in removing existing plaque from my veins or arteries.
  • I will take magnesium oil daily, preferably Ancient Minerals.  I would spritz about 15 shots onto my skin and rub it in just before bed.
  • I will take 2,000 to 3,000 mgs of Cod Liver Oil daily
  • I will eat a low carbohydrate diet, eliminating all non-vegetable carbs.
  • I will take Curcumin, Daily
  • I will begin taking the vitamins B6, Folate and B12 (I would take B12 in the form of methylcobalamin as a sublingual tablet for most effective absorption). 
  • I will take 400 to 600 mgs of CoQ10, especially in the ubiquinol form (this would be even more important if I was taking a statin drug.  Statins block the body's ability to convert cholesterol into CoQ10, an essential nutrient),
  • I will make fermented vegetables and eat about 1/3 cup daily.  My gut flora is likely out of balance. 
  • I will take niacin (Vitamin B3) starting at 500 mgs a day with food and increasing to 3,000 mgs per day. 
  • I will take Vitamin K2, 2,000 mcgs daily. 
  • I will take pycnogenol, 100 mgs daily
  • I will take Lugol's Solution iodine.  Also 10 to 15 drops on my skin, rubbing it in with my forearm.
  • I will take selenium, 200 mcgs per day,
  • I will take 2,000 mgs of Taurine daily,
  • I will start drinking my morning tea blend of warm water, fresh organic lemon juice, coconut oil and raw, organic honey. 
  • I will read and follow as many steps as possible in Part I: Balancing Body Acid and Reducing Inflammation of my own book Just Do This One Thing: A Guide To Chronic Good Health.
  • I will re-read Heart Disease: What Your Doctor Won't Tell You by Dr. Rodger H. Murphree
  • I will also follow the advice in my book about good gut health and a nutrient-dense diet.
  • I will ask for a full panel thyroid blood test from my doctor, specifically asking for T1, T2, T3, T4 and TSH.  If my T3 values were low (even low "normal"), I would ask to be put on a natural thyroid replacement such as Armour thyroid.  If he refused, I would begin taking Dessicated Porcine Thyroid from Nutri-Meds on my own, starting with one capsule a day on an empty stomach. 
  • I will NOT take any statin drug as it has been shown repeatedly, even in the statin drug's own studies that they do not reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke or other heart related problems.  I will also re-read Statin Drugs, Side Effects and the Mis-Guided War on Cholesterol by Dr. Duane Graveline as to the horrific side-effects of statins and why they do not reduce your risk of future heart events. 
  • If the above fails, I will try taking Antimonium Crudum.
I have attended meeting after meeting of my heart support group and listened to people tell of their stories of heart disease, heart attacks, stents, angiograms and angioplasties, following the diet, taking the statin drugs and yet, still experiencing subsequent heart episodes.



I would ignore anyone telling me it is "in my genes" knowing that 100 years ago only 1 person in 30 got heart disease and today it is 1 in 3.  This would mean that the only people procreating the last 100 years were those with heart disease.  It is merely an excuse as to why heart disease has remained the number one killer of Americans for the last 60 years in spite of over $30 billion a year being spent on statin drugs and billions more on treatments and operations.


I would take control of my own health and give my body what it needs to function properly.  I will look at the diets of societies which have low incidences of heart disease and follow their diets (as I have outlined in my own book). 

 
DISCLAIMER:  I am in no way recommending treatments or cures on this blog.  This blog is merely a compilation of what I have learned about a diet based, natural approach to health. I follow the steps I outline in my book Just Do This One Thing: A Guide To Chronic Good Health and know I will avoid almost every disease listed in this blog.  On the other hand, I needed a place to write steps for specific ailments as I came across them.  If you are looking for alternative therapies, I hope you can benefit from my research, especially if your doctor has told you "nothing more can be done for you." 

References:

http://onepercenthealth.blogspot.com/2015/12/treat-heart-with-gut.html


http://onepercenthealth.blogspot.com/2013/03/why-your-homocysteine-level-matters-to.html









































Statins


No comments:

Post a Comment