Sunday, May 11, 2014

Type 1 & Type 2 Diabetes

What Holistic or Natural Approach I Would Take If Diagnosed With Type 2 Diabetes
by Thomas Martin



One day while waiting for my doctor, a video was playing in the waiting room about diabetes and how diabetics should manage their blood glucose. I was rather appalled at what was said and not said in the video. 



If radical dietary changes seemed impossible to me, here is the order of changes/additions I would make to my life to control my blood glucose levels:

  • The absolute first thing I will do is start taking Magnesium Oil (preferably Ancient Minerals).  I will spritz about 15 shots onto my skin every day (before bedtime is best), rubbing it in with my forearm.  If my skin could not tolerate the oil, I will wash it off after 20 minutes,
  • The next thing I will absolutely do is take Lugol's Iodine Solution (a mix of iodine and potassium iodide).  I will alternate taking it between applying it to my skin (10 to 15 drops per day) and adding it to a glass of water and drinking it (same dose),
  • I will take an Omega-7 Oil capsule daily, with meals.  Based on a study at the Cleveland Wellness Institute, the positive effects of this step should be dramatic. 
  • I will take Vitamin D3 daily (10,000 i.u.s, daily)
  • I will take Cod Liver Oil, preferably from Carlson's,  daily,
  • I will take Curcumin to reduce the inflammation in my body
  • I will take this diabetes reversing mix:  http://onepercenthealth.blogspot.com/2015/12/recipe-to-get-rid-of-diabetes.html
  • I will take green coffee extract after each meal to minimize glucose spikes, about 400 mgs with each meal
  • I will take Vitamin B12 in the form of methylcobalamin, sublingual at 5,000 mcgs daily, as many diabetics also suffer from neuropathy,
  • I will take Olive Leaf Extract - 2,000 mgs daily,   
  • I will take Chromium Picolinate, 200 mcgs, daily,
  • I will take selenium, 200 mcgs per day,
  • I will take 1 to 2 ounces of virgin, organic, cold-pressed coconut oil each day
  • I will take Spirulina and/or Chlorella daily,
  • I will stop eating all low-fat foods, eating instead their full fat equivalents
  • I will take pycnogenol, 100 mgs daily,
  • I will add chia seeds  and flax seeds to my diet,
  • The next steps are more difficult as they require sometimes unwanted changes to my diet:
    • Eliminate all sugar and all chemical sugar substitutes.  If I must use something sweet, I will use raw, organic honey but never adding it to anything above 118 degrees F.
    • Eliminate all wheat (including whole wheat) not only gluten-free but completely wheat free,
    • Eliminate all soy and soy byproducts,
    • Eliminate all corn and especially high fructose corn syrup (HFCS),
    • Eliminate all foods containing cornstarch,
    • Start a juicing program of raw, organic vegetables,
    • Stop using all vegetable oils replacing them with coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil, 
    • Stop eating anything marked diet, lite or low-calorie.
  • Take probiotics, preferably Bio-Kult.   Or, it is even better if I get them naturally through eating high quality organic, whole milk yogurt (preferably homemade), drinking kombucha and kefir and eating fermented vegetables daily
I go much further into detail of these steps in my book Just Do This One Thing: A Guide To Chronic Good Health.  So, I'll re-read my own book



Since excess weight and diabetes often go hand-in-hand, I will also follow my advice on obesity and weight loss



DISCLAIMER:  I am in no way recommending treatments or cures on this blog.  This blog is merely a compilation of what I have learned about a diet based, natural approach to health. I follow the steps I outline in my book Just Do This One Thing: A Guide To Chronic Good Health and know I will avoid almost every disease listed in this blog.  On the other hand, I needed a place to write steps for specific ailments as I came across them.  If you are looking for alternative therapies, I hope you can benefit from my research, especially if your doctor has told you "nothing more can be done for you." 

References:

http://onepercenthealth.blogspot.com/2015/12/recipe-to-get-rid-of-diabetes.html

Iodine:  Why You Need It, Why You Can't Live Without It by Dr. David Brownstein




http://onepercenthealth.blogspot.com/2013/02/metabolic-syndrome-twenty-first-century.html






No comments:

Post a Comment