by Thomas Martin
The first thing I would NOT do is take any anti-depressants. They are of limited effectiveness and what small amount of good they do, the effects do not last longer than a month or two. I will re-read Dr. David Brownstein's book Drugs That Don't Work and Natural Therapies That Do! to fully understand why these drugs are not helpful.
Here is what I will take:
- 5,000 to 10,000 IU of Vitamin D3 (with meals)
- 5,000 mgs of Niacin (Vitamin B3), starting at 500 mgs and increasing gradually (with meals)
- I will take Cod Liver Oil daily,
- I will take a good B-Complex supplement rich in Vitamins B1 and B6
- I will take zinc (50 to 150 mgs) daily
- I will take turmeric daily
- I will make fermented vegetables and eat about 1/3 cup daily. My gut flora is likely out of balance.
- Kombucha, at least 8 ounces per day.
- Daily exercise, simply brisk walking, if nothing else.
I will also drink my special morning tea blend of 16 ounces warm water (heated to about 115 degrees F), 2 teaspoons virgin, organic coconut oil, 1 teaspoons local, raw, organic honey, and the juice of 1 organic lemon (one-half the lemon if they are quite large).
I will also eliminate all sugar and sugar substitutes from my diet. I will eat no wheat, corn or soy.
DISCLAIMER: I am in no way recommending treatments or cures on this blog. This blog is merely a compilation of what I have learned about a diet based, natural approach to health. I follow the steps I outline in my book Just Do This One Thing: A Guide To Chronic Good Health and know I will avoid almost every disease listed in this blog. On the other hand, I needed a place to write steps for specific ailments as I came across them. If you are looking for alternative therapies, I hope you can benefit from my research, especially if your doctor has told you "nothing more can be done for you."