Friday, May 2, 2014

Depression

What Holistic or Natural Approach I Would Take If Diagnosed With Depression


by Thomas Martin


The first thing I would NOT do is take any anti-depressants.  They are of limited effectiveness and what small amount of good they do, the effects do not last longer than a month or two. I will re-read Dr. David Brownstein's book Drugs That Don't Work and Natural Therapies That Do! to fully understand why these drugs are not helpful. 



Here is what I will take:

  • 5,000 to 10,000 IU of Vitamin D3 (with meals)
  • 5,000 mgs of Niacin (Vitamin B3), starting at 500 mgs and increasing gradually (with meals)
  • I will take Cod Liver Oil daily,
  • I will take a good B-Complex supplement rich in Vitamins B1 and B6
  • I will take zinc (50 to 150 mgs) daily
  • I will take turmeric daily
  • I will make fermented vegetables and eat about 1/3 cup daily.  My gut flora is likely out of balance. 
  • Kombucha, at least 8 ounces per day.
  • Daily exercise, simply brisk walking, if nothing else.

I will also drink my special morning tea blend of 16 ounces warm water (heated to about 115 degrees F), 2 teaspoons virgin, organic coconut oil, 1 teaspoons local, raw, organic honey, and the juice of 1 organic lemon (one-half the lemon if they are quite large). 

I will also eliminate all sugar and sugar substitutes from my diet.  I will eat no wheat, corn or soy. 





DISCLAIMER:  I am in no way recommending treatments or cures on this blog.  This blog is merely a compilation of what I have learned about a diet based, natural approach to health. I follow the steps I outline in my book Just Do This One Thing: A Guide To Chronic Good Health and know I will avoid almost every disease listed in this blog.  On the other hand, I needed a place to write steps for specific ailments as I came across them.  If you are looking for alternative therapies, I hope you can benefit from my research, especially if your doctor has told you "nothing more can be done for you." 

References:

http://onepercenthealth.blogspot.com/2015/08/turmeric-more-effective-than-prozac-at.html

http://onepercenthealth.blogspot.com/2016/02/how-to-take-niacin-vitamin-b3-for.html

http://onepercenthealth.blogspot.com/2013/02/kombucha-health-benefits.html

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/05/17/human-microbiome.aspx?x_cid=20140517_lead_facebookdoc&utm_source=facebookdoc&utm_medium=social&utm_content=lead&utm_campaign=20140517

No comments:

Post a Comment