by Thomas Martin
Fibromyalgia is an ailment of inflammation. There is no pharmaceutical drug that directly reverses inflammation, it is only reversible through our diets.
I do believe people suffer from the symptoms of this ailment, but I am not sure I believe there really is a specific "disease." Eliminate the inflammation in your body and increase your body's pH balance from acid to balanced and the symptoms will disappear.
I have found in my own experience that fibromyalgia is also fueled by a depressive attitude. In working with these sufferers, never have I encountered so many who are so fatalistic and who have given me so many excuses as to why they can't follow an anti-inflammation routine.
I must remember if I have this ailment, if I do nothing to reverse it, I will likely have heart disease, cancer and/or arthritis later on.
If depression is a problem, I will start by either getting out into the sun every day or supplementing Vitamin D3 (around 5,000 to 10,000 IUs per day). I will also take Niacin (Vitamin B3) starting at 500 mgs and increasing weekly until I reach 3,000 mgs daily. Both vitamins I will take with food.
To address the inflammation here is what I will do:
- I will take magnesium oil (preferably Ancient Minerals). I will spritz 10 to 15 shots of the liquid on my skin each day, preferably before bed, and rub it in with my inner forearm.
- I will take Lugol's Solution Iodine (a blend of iodine and potassium iodide). Like the magnesium oil, I will apply this to my skin (about 10 to 15 drops) again rubbing it in with my inner forearm.
- Every morning upon rising, I will mix the juice of 1 organic lemon with warm water (approx. 115 degrees) to which I will add 1 tablespoon of virgin, organic coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of raw, organic honey.
- I will eliminate all sugar and all chemical sugar substitutes from my diet.
- I will take Cod Liver Oil, daily,
- I will take Vitamin D3, 5,000 to 10,000 i.u.s daily with meals
- I will stop using microwave ovens to cook or heat my food.
- I will drink bone broth daily
- I will use only raw, organic honey to sweeten my foods (if absolutely necessary).
- I will eliminate all genetically modified foods from my diet, including all soy and soy byproducts, corn (especially high fructose corn syrup), and all wheat (including whole grains).
- I will eliminate all vegetable oils from my diet, as most are from GMO sources.
- I will add virgin, organic coconut oil to my diet, taking about 1 to 5 tablespoons per day
- If possibly, I will buy a alkaline water system and drink 8 glasses of the water daily.
- I will start a juicing program of raw, organic vegetables following the advice I have laid out in my book Just Do This One Thing, ensuring I use quite a bit of organic celery in the juice.
- I will make and drink kombucha daily.
- I will take St. John's Wort daily.
- I will have all of my mercury amalgam filling safely removed by a dentist specially trained in this procedure
DISCLAIMER: I am in no way recommending treatments or cures on this blog. This blog is merely a compilation of what I have learned about a diet based, natural approach to health. I follow the steps I outline in my book Just Do This One Thing: A Guide To Chronic Good Health and know I will avoid almost every disease listed in this blog. On the other hand, I needed a place to write steps for specific ailments as I came across them. If you are looking for alternative therapies, I hope you can benefit from my research, especially if your doctor has told you "nothing more can be done for you."