Monday, May 19, 2014

Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lupus

What Natural or Holistic Path I Would Take If Diagnosed With Rheumatoid Arthritis or Lupus

by Thomas Martin

Most auto-immune diseases have the same common link:  Poor Gut Health.  These steps are not new to this blog, but I want to emphasize their importance. 

Here is what I will do.  I know the more steps I take, the better the results:
  • I will eat whole milk, organic yogurt every day.  If possible, I will make my own using new culture for each batch.  I make a half gallon of full fat milk yogurt each week.  I make my yogurt, using a Yogourmet maker as well as their brand of starter.  I use only whole milk, preferably non-homogenized and even further, I use raw, whole milk.  I will avoid most store bought yogurts as they contain a wide variety of non-essential chemicals and sugars.
  • I will add fermented vegetables to my daily diet.  Sauerkraut is the most common, but I make sure the brand I buy is fermented rather than pickled.  Bubbies is a good brand.  Non-pasteurized Korean Kim Chi is also a good choice.  Again it is best to make my own.  I mix cabbage, onions, carrots, parsley, garlic, ginger and cucumbers, let it ferment for a week, refrigerate and then add it to many of the foods I eat. 
  • I will take 10,000 IU of Vitamin D every day.
  • I will take Cod Liver Oil, daily,
  • I will eliminate all wheat, soy and corn from my diet.
  • I will take curcumin or turmeric to help with inflammation
  • I will drink Kombucha daily.  Kombucha is a fermented tea that provides my body with a good hit of probiotics.  It is available in many specialty stores, one brand being “Synergy.”  Although they look fruity and sweet, they are actually a bit sour to the taste.  I can also make your own Kombucha – many sites on the web can tell me how.
  • To help with the pain, I will take curcumin/turmeric and fresh ginger daily. 
  • I will take Betaine HCL tablets with each meal.  Low stomach acid is often associated with people suffering from skin disorders as well as asthma and autoimmune disorders.  If I also have problems with heartburn or acid reflux, this step will make a huge difference.
  • Eliminate all sugars from my diet – this includes all artificial sweeteners.  If I must use something sweet, I will use raw, organic honey (locally harvested, if possible) or real maple syrup.
  • I will take a zinc supplement daily (50 to 150mgs). 
  • I will eat a diet of unprocessed foods, one rich in organic vegetables and nutrient-dense meat and dairy.

DISCLAIMER:  I am in no way recommending treatments or cures on this blog.  This blog is merely a compilation of what I have learned about a diet based, natural approach to health. I follow the steps I outline in my book Just Do This One Thing: A Guide To Chronic Good Health and know I will avoid almost every disease listed in this blog.  On the other hand, I needed a place to write steps for specific ailments as I came across them.  If you are looking for alternative therapies, I hope you can benefit from my research, especially if your doctor has told you "nothing more can be done for you." 

References:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/02/03/rheumatoid-arthritis-medications.aspx?x_cid=20160203_lead_rheumatoid-arthritis-medications_facebookdoc

http://www.healthandbeautypower.com/how-to-put-rheumatoid-arthritis-into-remission/

http://onepercenthealth.blogspot.com/2016/03/rheumatoid-arthritis-treatment-protocol.html

No comments:

Post a Comment