Thursday, May 8, 2014

Heart Failure

What Holistic or Natural Approach I Would Take If Diagnosed With Heart Failure
by Thomas Martin



This is not a hypothetical situation for me.  This is what happened to me and the disease I personally reversed.  It is this disease that set me on my path to learning as much as possible about optimal health. 



Aside from damage from multiple heart attacks there are two primary causes of heart failure. 

The first is hypothyroidism.  This was not properly diagnosed by my physician.  I had to personally request a thyroid blood test, specifically asking for a T1, T2, T3, T4 and TSH test and then asking to see the results of the test.  Not surprisingly, my T3 results were in the "normal" range, but low normal. Considering I had heart failure and knowing the strong link between hypothyroidism and heart failure, I felt it important to get onto thyroid treatment.  I was also adamant that the treatment be through natural porcine thyroid such as Armour thyroid rather than a synthetic drug such as Synthroid.  I read several books about the need for natural thyroid, how our bodies work and why this path is optimal.  I would read Overcoming Thyroid Disorders by Dr. David Brownstein.  If my doctor absolutely refuses to prescribe Armour Thyroid, I will order something similar from Nutri-Meds, Dessicated Porcine Thyroid.  Hypothyroidism can also be brought on by fluoride poisoning.  So, immediately get rid of all fluoride toothpaste and refuse any fluoride treatments.  If my water supply contains fluoride, I will get a filtering system which eliminates it.



The second principle cause of heart failure is mercury poisoning.  For some reason, mercury tends to settle in the heart muscle, poisoning the heart cells.  The first thing I will consider is having all mercury amalgam (silver) fillings removed from my teeth.  I would seek out a dentist on the following website.  These dentists are specially trained to safely remove the fillings. 

http://iaomt.org/



In dealing with mercury poisoning, it is important to take chlorella tablets on an empty stomach.  Chlorella binds with the mercury and helps to get it out of my system.  It is also important to take high doses of vitamin C (8 to 10 grams per day, spread across the day with meals).  I will also limit the vaccines I would take seeing that the average flu shot contains 50,000 parts per billion (PPB) of mercury. Waste is considered hazardous at anything over 200 PPB.
 

I would also take:
  • CoQ10 (ubiquinol form) 600 mgs daily 
  • L-Carnitine, 2,000 mgs daily
  • Taurine, 2,000 mgs daily
  • PQQ (Pyrroloquinoline), 20 to 30 mgs daily
  • Carnosine.   2,000 mgs daily
  • Resveratrol, 300 mgs daily
  • Vitamin K2, 2,000 mcgs daily
  • Magnesium Oil (preferably Ancient Minerals), 15 spritzes a day
  • Lugol's Solution Iodine (mix of iodine and potassium iodide), 10 to 15 drops in water or on my skin, daily.
  • Nutri-Meds Porcine Thyroid Health, 1 to 3 capsule daily on an empty stomach, this is assuming I cannot get a prescription for Armour Thyroid
  • D-Ribose powder, 5,000 mgs twice daily
  • Vitamin D3, 5,000 to 10,000 mgs daily
  • pycnogenol, 100 mgs daily
  • Cod Liver Oil Capsules, preferably Carlson's, 2,000 to 4,000 mgs daily
  • DHEA, 25 mgs daily
  • Selenium, 200 mcgs daily
  • Vitamin E, 400 IU daily
  • I will also eat 1/3 cup of fermented vegetables daily to ensure my body is properly absorbing all of the nutrients I am taking.
  • If the above fails, I will try taking Antimonium Crudum.

Because of the hypothyroidism/heart failure link, I will also start taking iodine (in the form of Lugol's Solution).  I would alternate putting the solution on my skin and letting it be absorbed and putting it in water and drinking it daily (10 to 15 drops).  I will also read Iodine: Why You Need It and Why You Can't Live Without It by Dr. David Brownstein. 



I will work to eliminate as much stress from my life.  Changing from listening to rock or rap music to classical or easy listening.  I would avoid politics, talk radio and try to meditate or pray regularly. 

I will try to stop drinking all beverages containing alcohol. 

I will seek out a doctor who could arrange hyperbaric oxygen therapy and possibly human growth hormone shots. 



DISCLAIMER:  I am in no way recommending treatments or cures on this blog.  This blog is merely a compilation of what I have learned about a diet based, natural approach to health. I follow the steps I outline in my book Just Do This One Thing: A Guide To Chronic Good Health and know I will avoid almost every disease listed in this blog.  On the other hand, I needed a place to write steps for specific ailments as I came across them.  If you are looking for alternative therapies, I hope you can benefit from my research, especially if your doctor has told you "nothing more can be done for you." 
References:

http://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2015/9/grow-new-brain-cells/page-01

http://onepercenthealth.blogspot.com/2013/02/adjunctive-therapies-for-congestive.html


 

No comments:

Post a Comment