Saturday, May 3, 2014

Asthma

What  Holistic or Natural Approach I would take if diagnosed with Asthma
by Thomas Martin



Surprisingly, Asthma, like many skin and auto-immune diseases, actually stems from a poorly functioning gut, especially one low in stomach acid. 



Here are the steps I will do to help control my asthma:

  • I will take Betaine HCL tablets or capsules with each meal I eat.  This will help ensure that I have enough acid in my stomach to help properly process the foods that I eat.
  • I will increase the amount of flora in my gut by adding homemade yogurt to my daily diet along with kombucha, kvass, kefir, and fermented vegetables (again, preferably homemade).  If none of this is possible, I will buy and take Bio-Kult probiotic capsules. 
  • I will take gamma linolenic acid (GLA).
  • I will stop consuming sugar and sugar substitutes such as Splenda and aspartame.  I will drink no sodas, including diet sodas.




DISCLAIMER:  I am in no way recommending treatments or cures on this blog.  This blog is merely a compilation of what I have learned about a diet based, natural approach to health. I follow the steps I outline in my book Just Do This One Thing: A Guide To Chronic Good Health and know I will avoid almost every disease listed in this blog.  On the other hand, I needed a place to write steps for specific ailments as I came across them.  If you are looking for alternative therapies, I hope you can benefit from my research, especially if your doctor has told you "nothing more can be done for you." 

References:



No comments:

Post a Comment