Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), Lou Gehrig's Disease

What Holistic or Natural Approach I would take if diagnosed with ALS
by Thomas Martin



I would follow the lead of a man who turned his own ALS around.  Frustrated with his doctors, he began seeking answers outside of the Big Pharma machine.  His story is referenced below.

Here is what I will do:

  • Start using Magnesium Oil, preferably Ancient Minerals.  I will spritz on 15 or so shots a day, rubbing it in with my inner forearm.  I will do this before bedtime.
  • I will take Fermented Cod Liver Oil/Butter Oil daily,
  • I will make fermented vegetables and eat about 1/3 cup daily.  My gut flora is likely out of balance. 
  • I will start drinking Tom's Miracle Tea.  This is my own formulation of warm filtered water (about 12 ounces), the juice of one (or one-half, depending on the size) lemon, 2 teaspoons virgin, organic coconut oil and 2 teaspoons raw, organic, local honey.  I will drink one of these each day on an empty stomach, preferably in the morning.  I will increase the amount of coconut oil each week until I reach at least 9 teaspoons and even more if I haven't noticed any improvements
  • I will eliminate all wheat, corn and soy from my diet.  Soy is in almost every processed food, so pre-packaged foods will need to be removed from my diet, as well as all fast food (one exception might be Chipotle). 
  • I will eliminate any food marked "diet" or "lite."  Ensuring I get NO artificial sweeteners in my diet
  • I will eliminate consuming MSG in my diet, checking food labels and asking restaurants in which I dine if they add this poison to their foods.
  • I will take the following nutrients to aid my mitochondria;
    • please refer to my article on Parkinson's Disease for a full list of these helpful nutrients
    • http://onepercenttreatments.blogspot.com/2014/04/parkinsons-disease.html
    • I will also read and follow the diet recommendations of Dr. Terry Wahls in her book The Wahl Protocol
    • I will eliminate as many toxins as possible in my life, especially mercury, fluoride and aluminum.   These three and their primary sources in our lives are detailed in my book Just Do This One Thing.
DISCLAIMER:  I am in no way recommending treatments or cures on this blog.  This blog is merely a compilation of what I have learned about a diet based, natural approach to health. I follow the steps I outline in my book Just Do This One Thing: A Guide To Chronic Good Health and know I will avoid almost every disease listed in this blog.  On the other hand, I needed a place to write steps for specific ailments as I came across them.  If you are looking for alternative therapies, I hope you can benefit from my research, especially if your doctor has told you "nothing more can be done for you." 

References:


No comments:

Post a Comment