Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Osteoporosis - Weakening of the bones

What  Holistic or Natural Approach I would take if diagnosed with Osteoporosis
by Thomas Martin



The first thing I will do is re-read Drugs That Don't Work and Natural Therapies That Do! by Dr. David Brownstein to fully understand the dangers a limitations of osteoporosis drugs.  Having done that, I will avoid taking them.

Not only do I need more calcium in my diet, I also need the nutrients required for my body to properly absorb and utilize that calcium.  It is also important that I take the proper form of calcium. 

With that in mind.  Here is what I will take:

  • Calcium Citrate - 800 to 1,200 mgs daily.  I willavoid calcium carbonate as it neutralizes my stomach's acid and ability to absorb all nutrients.
  • Magnesium Oil - preferably from Ancient Minerals, spritzing 15 shots or so a day onto my skin, probably just before bed.
  • Vitamin D3 - 5,000 to 10,000 IUs daily
  • Vitamin K2 - 1,000 to 2,000 mcgs daily
  • Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin), sublingual, 5,000 mcgs daily.
  • I will also drink Bone Broth Daily.  This is easily made at home and complete information regarding it is available on the internet (check out Weston A. Price) or from my book Just Do This One Thing
  • I will eliminate all fluoride products.  I will switch to fluoride-free toothpaste and filter my water if it contains fluoride as well. 
If possibly, I will add raw, whole milk to my diet and definitely add whole milk, no-sugar yogurt as well.  I would also consider getting more gut flora into my system through either Bio-Kult capsules and/or eating fermented vegetables daily. 

DISCLAIMER:  I am in no way recommending treatments or cures on this blog.  This blog is merely a compilation of what I have learned about a diet based, natural approach to health. I follow the steps I outline in my book Just Do This One Thing: A Guide To Chronic Good Health and know I will avoid almost every disease listed in this blog.  On the other hand, I needed a place to write steps for specific ailments as I came across them.  If you are looking for alternative therapies, I hope you can benefit from my research, especially if your doctor has told you "nothing more can be done for you." 

No comments:

Post a Comment