Sunday, April 27, 2014

Dementia & Alzheimer's Disease

What Holistic or Natural Approach I would take diagnosed with Dementia or Alzheimer's Disease (or other cognitive ailment)

by Thomas Martin


Here is what I will do if diagnosed with dementia or Alzheimer's Disease:

  • I will eliminate sugar and all chemical sugar substitutes from my diet. If I need something sweet, I will use raw, organic honey from a local source.
  • I will eliminate anything labeled "low-fat" or "diet"
  • I will take raw, virgin, cold-pressed coconut oil daily.   I will start with 2 teaspoons and work up to the therapeutic dose of 7 teaspoons (just a little more than 2 tablespoons).  I will take even more than 7 teaspoons if necessary.   I will find ways to get this into my diet such as in warm water with lemon juice and honey, in my morning oatmeal, or added to other warm foods.  This step shows the greatest promise in fighting the disease.  See Power Tea Blend below  (see references below). 
  • I will make my own fermented vegetables and eat at least 1/3 cup of them each day. 
  • I will reduce my intake of non-vegetable carbohydrate foods such as pasta, potatoes and rice.
  • I will increase my intake of good fats such as dairy (raw, whole milk is best), lots of pasture butter and high quality yogurt (whole fat, non-sweetened and preferably homemade) and avocado oil. 
  • I will start using Magnesium Oil (preferably from Ancient Minerals) and spritz about 15 shots onto my skin, rubbing it in with my forearm at least six night a week before bed.
  • I will take 10,000 IUs of Vitamin D3 daily
  • I will stop eating all grains, especially wheat
  • I will stop using all vegetable oils such as corn, canola, cottonseed and soybean
The above steps should be the most effective.  If I find I am still struggling with these ailments, I would begin taking the following steps as well:
  • Olive Leaf Extract - I will take 2,000 mgs daily.  
  • I will take Vitamin B12 in the form of methylcobalamin, sublingual at 2,000 mcgs daily. 
  • I will take dehydrated blueberries powder daily (starting around 22 grams)
  • I will take Vitamin K2, 2,000 mcgs daily
  • I will take Taurine, about 2,000 mgs daily,
  • I will start taking 100 mgs of pycnogenol daily
  • I will start taking 2,000 to 4,000 mgs of fermented cod liver oil daily, in two doses of 2,000 mgs each
  •  I will drink my Power Tea Blend.  Each morning, I would warm filtered water on the stove (never the microwave) until it is about 115 degrees F.   In a coffee mug, I will add to the water, the juice of one organic lemon (or 1/2 of the lemon, if it is quite large) and 1 teaspoon virgin, organic coconut oil (to start).  If necessary for flavor, I will add 1 to 2 teaspoons of raw, organic honey.  I will drink this tea daily, first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I will slowly increase the amount of coconut oil in the drink until I reach about 6 to 8 teaspoons (although I will take more if I am not experiencing any benefit)
  • I will take high quality cod liver oil, preferably from Carlson's.
  • I will take 400 mgs of CoEnzymeQ10 (CoQ10) in the ubiquinol form
  • I will take Turmeric (Curcumin) daily.
  • I will stay on the regimen at least eight weeks.
  • I will have all of my mercury amalgam fillings safely replaced by a dentist specially trained in this procedure. 


DISCLAIMER:  I am in no way recommending treatments or cures on this blog.  This blog is merely a compilation of what I have learned about a diet based, natural approach to health. I follow the steps I outline in my book Just Do This One Thing: A Guide To Chronic Good Health and know I will avoid almost every disease listed in this blog.  On the other hand, I needed a place to write steps for specific ailments as I came across them.  If you are looking for alternative therapies, I hope you can benefit from my research, especially if your doctor has told you "nothing more can be done for you."

References:

http://onepercenthealth.blogspot.com/2016/01/she-gave-her-husband-2-tablespoon-of.html

http://onepercenthealth.blogspot.com/2015/12/how-to-treat-alzheimers-starting-with-3.html

http://onepercenthealth.blogspot.com/2015/11/coconut-oil-four-tablespoons-of-this.html

http://onepercenthealth.blogspot.com/2015/09/killer-in-your-mouth-remove-amalgam.html







No comments:

Post a Comment