Tuesday, April 29, 2014

ADD/ADHD

What Holistic or Natural Approach I would take If Diagnosed with ADD/ADHD

by Thomas Martin

When I was a child in the 1960s in school, I never heard of anyone with a "disease" called ADD/ADHD.  I was wiggly and had trouble sitting still and studying.  It was remedied by my mother sternly telling me to sit down and finish my work (along with threats of punishment if I did not).  It worked just fine.  But then, we weren't permitted sodas at home either and my mother prepared almost all of our meals.   

But, considering how the American diet has fallen into one of non-nutrition and poor habits, it is no wonder that children are unable to focus or be calm.

Here are the steps I will take if diagnosed with ADD/ADHD:

  • I will eliminate all sugar and all chemical sugar substitutes in my diet.  I will also minimize all non-vegetable carhohydrates,
  • I will eliminate all vegetable oils including canola, cottonseed, corn, soybean as well as margarine.  I will instead use coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil as well as pasture butter.
  • I will take Vitamin B12 in the form of methylcobalamin, sublingual at 2,000 mcgs daily.
  • I will eliminate all wheat from my diet
  • I will eliminate all GMO foods from my diet especially corn (specifically high fructose corn syrup), all soy products and by-products, and all wheat,
  • I will eliminate all fluoride in my life, both in the toothpaste I use and by filtering the water I drink through a filter designed to remove fluoride.  I know there is no benefit to my teeth by using fluoride and that fluoride is, in fact, an industrial waste product also used as a pesticide.
  • I will take Cod Liver Oil, about 2,000 to 4,000 mgs per day (in two doses) preferably from Carlson's
  • I will work on my gut health,  I will make and eat whole fat yogurt daily, drink kombucha and/or kefir and I will make fermented vegetables and eat about 1/3 cup daily.  My gut flora is likely out of balance.  If that is not possible, I will take probiotic capsules from Bio-Kult.
  • I will take 650 mgs of Betaine HCL with each meal
  • I will take magnesium oil (preferably Ancient Minerals), spritzing 10 to 15 shots onto my skin daily, before bedtime.
  • I will take Lugol's Solution Iodine (mix of iodine and potassium iodide), about 10 to 15 drops per day either on my skin or mixed in a glass of water.
  • If the above does not work, I will look into putting my child on the Gut and Psychology Syndrome Diet 

If none of these worked, I will have any mercury amalgam fillings removed (safely, by a dentist specially trained), as the mercury could also be the source of the problem. 

DISCLAIMER:  I am in no way recommending treatments or cures on this blog.  This blog is merely a compilation of what I have learned about a diet based, natural approach to health. I follow the steps I outline in my book Just Do This One Thing: A Guide To Chronic Good Health and know I will avoid almost every disease listed in this blog.  On the other hand, I needed a place to write steps for specific ailments as I came across them.  If you are looking for alternative therapies, I hope you can benefit from my research, especially if your doctor has told you "nothing more can be done for you." 

References:



http://onepercenthealth.blogspot.com/2013/03/what-eating-too-much-sugar-does-to-your.html

No comments:

Post a Comment