by Thomas Martin
I had quite an interesting day yesterday. After studying the dangers of mercury amalgam fillings, I decided I needed to get mine removed and replaced with something safer. I have exhibited signs of mercury poisoning for most of my life. As I made changes to become healthier, I kept hoping that some of these symptoms would disappear, but alas, they have not.
I originally talked to my own dentist about this and scheduled an appointment to have half of them removed. Then, after reading an article about the safety procedures a dentist should follow in removing them, I e-mailed my dentist’s office, asking him if he follows those procedures. He then referred me to another dentist in a neighboring city.
My visit to this dentist’s office was extremely enlightening. I learned even more about the dangers of my mercury fillings to my health and the history behind the people who have tried to expose these dangers.
One of the first dentists to study and try to bring to light the dangers of these fillings is Dr. Hal Huggins. His website is below. Dr. Huggins tried to set up a seminar to fully disseminate the dangers to other dentists. Those dentists were informed by the ADA that should they actually attend the seminar, they would be stripped of their licenses. Even now, a dentist can perform the procedure, but cannot encourage or warn a patient of the dangers. Should he do this, he will lose his license as well.
The official ADA and government position on mercury amalgam fillings is that they are perfectly safe. Even though they do admit that mercury constantly leaches out of the fillings into our bodies, somehow, someway, in their minds, mercury is non-toxic in this situation.
Let’s contrast that to the handling of mercury in an office building. If the same amount of mercury used in a typical filling was accidentally spilled onto the ground, the entire office building would need to be evacuated, shut down, a Hazmat team would be called in to clean up the mercury, the building re-evaluated and then business could resume as normal. These are the rules of the EPA. But, as hazardous as it appears to the government in a building, that same mercury is considered completely safe in your mouth.
Diseases associated with these fillings are:
- Chronic Fatigue
- Parkinson's Disease
- Brain Fog/Memory Problems
- Numbness and Tingling
- ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)
- Birth Defects
- Heart Failure
If you have mercury amalgam fillings, get them removed and replaced with composite resin fillings by a dentist trained in the safest methods. Also be sure that the new fillings do not contain Fluoride or BPAs (as some do).
Consider also the amount of mercury deemed "safe" in vaccines. Here, from my book Just Do This One Thing:
"Using parts per billion (PPB) to measure levels, water is considered safe if it has less than 2 PPB, waste is considered hazardous if it has over 200 PPB, the typical flu shot has 50,000 PPB of mercury. These numbers are staggering yet the US Government, Big Pharmaceuticals and the AMA insist the vaccines are perfectly safe. If you take multiple vaccines in one year, think of the risk to which you subject yourself."
Again, what is apparently safe in your body, is toxic every place else.
Does this make sense you?
DISCLAIMER: I am in no way recommending treatments or cures on this blog. This blog is merely a compilation of what I have learned about a diet based, natural approach to health. I follow the steps I outline in my book Just Do This One Thing: A Guide To Chronic Good Health and know I will avoid almost every disease listed in this blog. On the other hand, I needed a place to write steps for specific ailments as I came across them. If you are looking for alternative therapies, I hope you can