Sunday, March 17, 2019

5 Step Approach to Preventing & Reversing Gout



A Five Step Approach to Controlling and Reversing Gout

If you have ever experienced a gout flare up, you know the intense, debilitating pain from it.  I have battled gout for years, seeking natural answers.  One thing is for certain, my doctors are absolutely clueless and their medications were worthless.  

If you are taking a diuretic (water pill) such as Lasix, you are more susceptible to gout.  Each of us is different and what works for one may not work for another.  I suggest working down this list of natural remedies until you find something that works for you.

1.      1.  Take Nettle Extract.  This is the primary extract I take to prevent gout and it has worked brilliantly.  The brand I buy is Gaia and I take 1 capsule every morning on an empty stomach with water.  Only once in 9 months have I had a flare up of gout (where, before, I was having one a month).  During the flare up I increased the dose to two capsules in the morning and two in the afternoon.  I did this along with Step 2 (below) and my gout was gone in only 2 days (7 days was typical before).

2.      2. During a flare up, I also drink a mixture of baking soda (not baking powder) and water.  I put about ½ teaspoon into the water, mix and drink it on an empty stomach.  I do this upon rising from bed and then about 90 minutes before having dinner.  I do not recommend this step to be done during “Maintenance,” only during a flare up.

3.      3. Take Celery and/or celery extract.  Celery is very effective for reducing uric acid in our bodies.  You would need to eat quite a bit of celery to get the desired effect, so celery extract is probably a better option.  Not knowing a specific brand and its potency, I suggest you start by following the advice on the bottle.  If it does not help, double it.  

4.      4. Take Vitamin A. Take 25,000 IUs of vitamin A daily with food.    

5.      5. Take Bone Broth.  Bone broth is a gelatinous stock rich in fats and nutrients needed to combat gout. 

Please note:  Should you be taking a blood thinner such as Coumadin, please alert your medical staff that you are taking the above extract(s), as some may also have an effect on your blood INR level.  As I said, I take Nettle leaf and keep my doctors informed.  

There is much more information available about a healthy diet and lifestyle in my book Just Do This One Thing: A Guide to Chronic Good Health available on my website www.OnePercentHealth.com. 

The information contained in this post has not been reviewed nor approved by the FDA.  It is for informational purposes only.  

No comments:

Post a Comment