by Thomas Martin
The first thing I would NOT do is take any anti-depressants. They are of limited effectiveness and what small amount of good they do, the effects do not last longer than a month or two. I will re-read Dr. David Brownstein's book Drugs That Don't Work and Natural Therapies That Do! to fully understand why these drugs are not helpful. They also can lead to suicide.
I suspect that a lot of the problems with patients (especially military) with PTSD is that the number of vaccines they were given disrupted a good portion of their gut flora, which (like an autistic child) made it difficult for them to process their experiences. This would be especially damaging to those soldiers exposed to combat.
This regimen is designed to address my depression, restore the gut flora in my stomach, and eliminate neurotoxins entering my body.
Here is what I will take:
- 5,000 to 10,000 IU of Vitamin D3 (with meals)
- 5,000 mgs of Niacin (Vitamin B3), starting at 500 mgs and increasing gradually (with meals)
- I will make fermented vegetables and eat about 1/3 cup daily. My gut flora is likely out of balance. If, for some reason, I cannot tolerate eating fermented vegetables, I will take a variety of probiotic capsules. I understand these are not as effective as eating the vegetables, but it is better than not doing this step at all.
- I will take Cod Liver Oil daily,
- I will take a good B-Complex supplement rich in Vitamins B1 and B6
- I will take zinc (50 to 150 mgs) daily
- I will take an Omega-7 Oil capsule daily, with meals,
- I will take Chlorella tablets, 2 to 4, daily to help remove heavy metals that may still be in my body,
- Likewise, I will take 5 grams of Vitamin C daily, for the same purpose,
- I will apply 10 to 15 drops of Lugol's Solution iodine to my skin daily, rubbing it into my skin and letting it be absorbed by my body. Not only will this help my thyroid work properly, it, like the prior two steps, help in my body being able to eliminate heavy metals.
I will also drink my special morning tea blend of 16 ounces warm water (heated to about 115 degrees F), 2 teaspoons virgin, organic coconut oil, 1 teaspoons local, raw, organic honey, and the juice of 1 organic lemon (one-half the lemon if they are quite large).
I will also eliminate the following toxins from my life:
Sodium Fluoride - find a toothpaste such as Desert Essence that is made without fluoride. Also, buy a water filter, such as Berkeley, that filters out fluoride.
Aluminum - stop using antiperspirants. I recommend a deodorant from Primal Pit Paste instead. Do not use non-stick cookware or any cookware made with aluminum.
Mercury - if you have any amalgam filings in your teeth, have them removed and replace with composite by a dentist especially trained in this procedure. Do NOT take any further vaccines, including the flu shot as it contains a very high does of mercury AND aluminum which are both neurotoxins.
DISCLAIMER: I am in no way recommending treatments or cures on this blog. This blog is merely a compilation of what I have learned about a diet based, natural approach to health. I follow the steps I outline in my book Just Do This One Thing: A Guide To Chronic Good Health and know I will avoid almost every disease listed in this blog. On the other hand, I needed a place to write steps for specific ailments as I came across them. If you are looking for alternative therapies, I hope you can benefit from my research, especially if your doctor has told you "nothing more can be done for you."